This Pinterest-worthy bowl will definitely have you coming back for seconds. This recipe has everything you could want in a meal: protein, healthy fats, micronutrients from vegetables, carbs, and plenty of flavor. Plus, you can make it in less than 15 minutes, making it a perfect option for lunch, snack, or dinner.
- 1.5 lbs fresh sushi-grade wild tuna*
- 2 cups white basmati rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. organic sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 small cucumber, diced
- 3 small carrots, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
- Optional: Seaweed salad, optional
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, red pepper, diced cucumber, diced carrots, and red onion. Mix until combined. Set aside.
2. Cut the tuna in ½” cubes. Lightly toss the tuna cubes in the marinade. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
3. Add rice to servings bowls. Top with tuna poke, seaweed salad, and avocado slices. Garnish with scallions. Serve with a lime wedge and sriracha for an extra kick.
Nutrition Info & Macros
- Yields: 4-5 poke bowls
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serving size: ½ rice + 4-6 oz. tuna
Dietary Information: Gluten Free, Pescetarian, Dairy & Nut Free
Macros per serving: 395 calories, 9g fat, 33g carbs, 45g protein